Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The rain in Spain falls on the plain

I've done it!
I booked my flight to Spain from Copenhagen on August 17. I will arrive in the historic Spanish city of Madrid at 6:30 pm and use the metro to head of to the Panizo Hostel. It is a well-rated place in the heart of Madrid for $22 a night per person, which is the cheapest price I found, including dorm rooms! It is in an amazing location, close to the Museo de Prado which houses works by such artists as Francisco de Goya and Rembrandt, among many others. I look forward to seeing Goya's "Saturn Devouring His Son" up close and personal.

om nom nom

I will unfortunately not be able to witness a bullfight, but that is probably for the best considering they are kind of expensive, given my basically nonexistant budget. Also due to expense I had to cut out La Tomatina and Ibiza. The hostels and hotels in Valencia (near where La Tomatina takes place) raise their prices a ridiculous amount to take advantage of the huge surge of tourists, and I don't blame them. Most people are probably willing to spend a lot of money to go to something like that, and I would if it meant I wouldn't starve in the streets of Barcelona afterwards.

Perhaps I will use my ingenuity to get there, because IT'S A GIANT TOMATO FIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment