By now you are going to start seeing a trend with me - I change my mind A LOT! For example, yesterday I wrote I was going to go Denmark today. Well guess what - I am still in Amsterdam, and will be here until Wednesday. I woke up at 5 this morning, packed my bag, lugged it to the train station, and then decided to stay in Amsterdam. And I am really glad I did, because I have made some really awesome friends and today we had a great adventure.
This morning I ate breakfast with 3 girls, all from Toronto, but only 2 knew each other. Jenna was in my dorm room, and her and I met Linnaea and Nevena over fried eggs and ham on toast. Jenna and I spent the day wandering through Amsterdam, where I saw my first prostitute and smelled way too much weed. There were weddings, bachelor parties, bachelorette parties (or Hen parties), dogs, cats, skinny houses, Anne Frank's house, and so much more. Amsterdam is so alive! It is a really wonderful place. Today I will add pictures and more story, but I wanted to let you all know that for now, I am staying here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hee hee, your first prostitute ;) I can't wait to see the pictures. I know, I know, I live in the Netherlands so Amsterdam is not exactly new for me but I love to see it through your eyes. Not only the good, but also the bad and the ugly parts :).
ReplyDeleteAli, I'm envious - prostitutes? DEFINITELY need to see some pictures of that! Ha! Sounds like Amsterdam is a fantastic city... Enjoy yourself and get those photos up soon ;)
ReplyDeleteI wish i could take photos of the prostitutes, but it's not allowed!! :( maybe I will try to sneak one. I did see a guy going into a prostitute window - that was pretty great.
ReplyDeleteI am so JEALOUS!! I want to be in Amsterdam stirring up some trouble :)
ReplyDeleteHi Ali,love your blog. Sounds like you are having a terrific time! Your blog is so creative. Took me quite a while to figure out how to comment to your blog site, but finally figured it out. Hope you got the pictures I sent to your regular email address. Love you! Auntie Karen
ReplyDelete