Monday, June 8, 2009

Veterinary-ing

I got a job! I got a job! I got a job! It doesn't pay but...I got a job!
The whole purpose for this summer was to emulate a typical study abroad type program, since my major (Animal Science) isn't widely taught throughout the world. Since I am going to be a vet one day, I figured a good replacement for studying would be working to gain clinical experience.

Today I received an email from the Sallingvej Dyreklinik (animal clinic) in Copenhagen saying they would let me work with them for the summer and show me the ropes! Click this link for a description of the people working there (in Danish).

I am so grateful for them taking in a non-Danish-speaking-American-traveler like me! They were so nice in their email and they seem like truly wonderful people to work with. Unfortunately right now all I can say in Danish is hot dog with ketchup (pølse mel ketchup), but I plan on learning some medical terms so I don't end up accidentally killing anything during an emergency (not that I would, I am very good at what I do).

Yay for work! Now I don't have to sit around for 6 weeks working up the courage to ask for a hot dog.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds so cool! And really funny that you can say hot dog with ketchup only!! : ) A long time ago, I went to Tijuana and I could only say "where's the bathroom?" So, I wanted a coke, I asked where the bathroom is. I wanted to buy a blanket, I asked where the bathroom was. Ok, it wasn' that bad, but it wasn't that good either!
    I think I'm breakin' the husband down on getting an iPhone! I REALLY want one.
    The plan I'm with now is Net 10. It's 10 cents a minute when you're talking and 5 cents per text. No contracts, you can let your service expire and restart with a new number when you can. So basically, my phone is about 15 a month. If I get the iPhone I will probably cancel my land line. I heard that in a couple weeks when the new phones come out they will be selling the one iPhone for $99!!! Suh-weet!
    Anyway, back to the Net 10...you can buy like 1500 minutes and the service will go all year, for 150 dollars. Not too bad, less than 15 a month. : )
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hate to go to Denmark as an ambassador for the US and when I leave have them think that Americans are hotdog-obsessed crazies :) but that is probably what will happen

    Does Net 10 cover more than France? I have heard Vodafone is widely used, but also that it is more expensive. There are surprisingly few answers on this topic when I Google it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    Haha... I'm starting to realize I highly neglected your blog because I have like 20348324 to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been posting a lot. I think it's a pretty good sign that I have finals to study for haha

    ReplyDelete